Sunday, April 8, 2007

My First Blog Ever!

This is the first time I have ever written a blog. But I feel this may be the best way for me to vent. Plus, this is always a good excuse for procrastination (my favorite pastime). Its Sunday April 8th, Easter Sunday. We planned to take Kayla, in her new easter dress to breakfast and then to the mall to have her picture taken with the Easter bunny. Little did we know she would puke all over her new dress as well as her carseat and the backseat of the Explorer. If you have ever had the opportunity to smell curdled milk, then you know the agony I went through to clean the mess. I can only hope the Explorer doesn't smell like it tomorrow.

I spent the day trying to make Kayla feel better while worrying about what could have caused her sudden illness. Even as I write this entry, Kayla is asleep in her bed and I can't help but hope she'll be ok. Now I know what they mean by Motherhood is a full time job. I give props to those single mothers out there.

"When it rains it pours!"

This is so true. I have felt the impact of this statement before, but nothing like how I feel it right this moment. Let me explain. This is what I am going through at the moment.

Let's started with the house: Mike and I have decided we need a stand alone house with a yard. This condo is just too difficult for the family, so we decided to put it on the market. Three days on the market and we got an offer. We were ecstatic. We found a house we wanted to buy so we put in an offer. Two days before the waiting period was up (about 12 days in escrow) the a**hole pulls out and we're stuck with no buyer. So we lose our dream home and we're back on the market.

Next UCI: We have this huge, HUGE project due for our credential. We have to analyze a learning segment that is three or four days long. In a nutshell, this project turns into a 40 page single spaced paper. I've already asked for an extension, so I have until Thursday to make it work. I'm stressin'!

Western: Thank god its spring break. But I have to figure out a way to cover as much information as possible in order to get the kids ready for STAR testing. Plus, we're planning on changing the school into small learning communities and they have asked me to be a part of the core group that will organize this huge project. I will also be the math teacher of the pilot program we will launch next year. So I have to start working on curriculum and planning for next year.

Kayla: Kayla is two ear infections away from considering tubes in her ear. After the cancer/leukemia scare a couple months ago, I've been on my toes whenever she gets sick. Plus the daycare she attends is horrible and stressing me out! I can't wait until my mom retires.

Masters Program at UCI: This starts this summer and they suddenly change the classes offered this summer. How will I schedule my classes so I can still attend Chuck and Danielle's wedding in August?

Basketball: We'll talk about this at a later date.


GRRRRRR...When it rains it pours!

2 comments:

G$ said...

aw mun ~~ i know how it goes.. but stay strong!!! you can get thru it! you always do..! madd luv from LV ~~ xo.

johnpvee said...

eeesh... rough month, kris... we need to have a meal soon, k? glad u made it through it though. talk to you soon. say hi to the fam for us.