Sunday, July 8, 2007

You Know You're Getting Old When...

We just got back from Vegas. It was a blast! But why is it that every time I go to Vegas I (1) don't gamble nearly as much as I'd like and (2) feel like an old person. We all went out on Saturday night for Shane's 30th (Shane....CARBS). We went to the Palms and had dinner at Little Buddha (I rate it an 8 out of 10). Then we waited about an hour in line only to be almost scammed by a taxi driver (Thanks to Stacey for looking out). We finally get up to the Ghost Bar and I'm exhausted, not to mention not feeling well. So Mike and I stayed for about 45 minutes before we excused ourselves. We share a cab with Ryan, Garrett, and Jessica back to Hard Rock. We go upstairs and I change my clothes. At this point I am fully sober, not feeling the slightest bit buzzed. I lay in bed and all of a sudden I feel nauseous. I'm laying there shivering and I bolt out of bed with..."I'm gonna puke." I make it to the bathroom and puke everything that I had back up. It was gross! I'm thinking it was a combination of wine, sake, and cigarette smoke (2nd hand smoke, no I was not smoking) that did it. No one else got sick that night so it couldn't have been the food. But I was completely sober when I got back to the hotel. I think it was the smoke that really did me in. Luckily I woke up this morning and did not feel the least bit sick. Man, I'm getting old.

But, kudos to Shane and Stacey for arranging a killer weekend. I sure did have a lot of fun at the pool. If you have a chance to hang out at the Hard Rock Pool....DO IT! You won't be disappointed.

Happy 30th Shane!

2 comments:

Shane said...

CARBS!

Robin said...

man, sorry to hear the night ended on a down note. vegas & alcohol just don't seem to have be a good combination for you. glad you had fun though. sorry wei yan missed you when you guys were out there.