Friday, May 11, 2007

Grandpa's Funeral

Today was my grandfather's funeral. I am so happy I went. My grandfather served in the army and thus had the "final salute". He had the American flag over the coffin and everything. I think I was more emotional from seeing my family that I have not seen in three years. My grandmother held me so tight I broke down a little. I was so happy to talk with her again and feel close to her that it was hard to hold back the tears. She asked me a bunch of questions and I could tell she wanted to hear more. Unfortunately my aunt was not as warm and friendly. I don't understand how someone can go from your best friend to someone who won't even give you the time of day. Well, everyone else was glad to see me and we'll be seeing them again on Sunday. I can't wait for Kayla to meet Grandma. I'm sure Kayla will be scared but she'll warm up to her. Grandpa...no one understood you like Eric and I. No one will remember you like we will. Finally you are free from pain and sorrow. I hope you are looking down on me and smiling.

4 comments:

Robin said...

So sad to hear about your grandpa. I'm glad you guys got to see him in the hospital and hold his hand one last time. I'm there with you guys in spirit and my thought are with you.

G$ said...

i'm sure that he is... and what's the story w ur aunt?? my thoughts and prayers with you and your family.. xo

ncmarden said...

sorry to hear about your loss. my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family ... i'm sure the memories of your grandpa will live on in your hearts forever.

G$ said...

so wait... are u and aunt on the outs??? why???? call me!