Saturday, November 8, 2008

End of the Quarter and the End of the First Trimester

Yesterday marked the end of the 1st quarter. It also marked the end of my first trimester. What does that mean? It means, more energy, less sickness (although still a little), and more belly. I go in next week to take blood so they can check for early signs of genetic disorders. I guess 30 is the magic number. I don't remember if they did this screening when I was pregnant with Kayla. Then the big ultrasound is scheduled for December 12. Almost over the biggest hump. Once all those screenings are over then I can rest assured that the baby is fine.

The end of the quarter ended without a hitch. I think my pregnancy is trying my patience, but other than that most of the kids are doing well. Of course I know I can't save everyone, but I'll be damned if I didn't try. Only two more quarters to go before maternity leave. It couldn't come soon enough.

2 comments:

Robin said...

yay! 2nd trimeter is the best! enjoy it! :-) thanks for sharing and hope all the tests go well.

Unknown said...

ditto to Robin!