Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day


Well, its my third Mother's Day and we had a great day! First, we got up early and spent the day with Grandma and Grandpa at the happiest place on earth. We all have passes, so we try to bring Kayla once a month so we can get our money's worth. My advice to those mothers out there is get there right when the park opens. We usually have a chance to ride all of Kayla's favorites before noon without waiting more than 15 minutes. Once noon hits, Kayla is tired and the crowd starts filling in. Our routine is usually Disneyland until 10 am then on over to California Adventures. There are more rides Kayla enjoys at California Adventures.

After the happiest place on earth, we headed home to take a nap (Kayla and Mommy both). Then we went to the Bella Terra Shopping Center in Huntington Beach. Mike's plan was dinner and a movie. Kayla's first! We took her to Horton Hears a Who which was great because it was in a small theater and there were only about 20 people in there. She did pretty well. She wanted to leave the last 15 minutes of the movie. But we were able to convince her to stay and watch it all! I was so proud. So now we know we can start taking her to movies. Although I'm not sure how many movies we can afford. I couldn't believe it! $10 each for Mike and I AND $7.50 for Kayla. $7.50 for a two year old! Geesh. This movie theater charges from age 1. We'll have to limit our movie theater visits.

Then Mike gave Kayla a bath while I started on some work. Only five weeks and counting. This year was so stressful but has seemed to fly by. We've got our last week of testing this week. Then the following weekend is prom. Then two weeks of regular instruction before we begin reviewing for benchmarks. We just found out that all of our rooms will be used to house 4,000 students for summer school so I'll be working hard to lock up all my stuff this summer. I am so glad I will not be teaching summer school.

Happy Mom's day to all the Mom's reading my blog. No one can ever understand how much work you all put into your everyday lives. Thank you for working hard to provide your kids with everything they need to be intelligent, thoughtful, and caring people. I love you all!

No comments: