Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Stabbing at Magnolia High School

I just found this article on the OC register website:

http://www.ocregister.com/news/school-jefferson-anaheim-1926106-stabbed-magnolia

This school is in the district that I teach. Not only that, but I was at the school yesterday at 3:15pm. It is right down the street from the school I teach at. I had just drove up and there were a bunch of cop cars and people in handcuffs. But I had no idea what had happened. They must have rushed the boy to the hospital, because there was no ambulance when I got there.

How can people, especially high school students, have no regard for other people's lives? Thank you to Anaheim PD who are always patroling. It was a good thing they were around or else those kids would have got away.

A little background on that school. It is a Title 1 school which means they have many students who are on free or reduced lunch (poverty students). The student population is largely hispanic, and they have many rough students who attend that school. Now we aren't talking Compton or South Central tough, but tough students none the less.

I can only hope that we will be able to live in a community and within a school district where Kayla can have a safe and effective education.

1 comment:

Robin said...

dang, that's crazy. dumb kids!