Wednesday, November 14, 2007

The first vacation of the year

Well, its almost time for our first vacation since school started. I am exhausted. Now I know how teachers get burnt out so easily. I feel like I'm running around in circles and not really getting anything done. I've got pressure from my department head, the administration, other teachers on campus, and even the district office. I have got to learn how to say no. If I keep at it like this I may drive myself insane before Christmas break. I am stressed to the core. I am waiting and looking forward to the break. But in the back of my mind I wonder whether it will reallly be a break. Can I enjoy the vacation without thinking about family drama or what I still need to do before I go back to work? I hope so, because I definitely need it. I think if I don't get a break, then a BREAKdown will be happening soon.

I hope all is well with everyone out there and I'm sorry if I haven't been keeping in touch. But really, I'm running around like a chicken with my head cut off. I love you all and hope you are all doing well.

1 comment:

Robin said...

Hey girl, hope you got some rest over the holidays. Take it easy and definitely say "no" when you can. :-)