Tuesday, September 11, 2007

A month since my last post




Oh my gosh! I can't believe it has been a month since my last post. I can't believe how busy I've been. But now I can take a breather and let everyone know what we've been up to. Well, I agonized over my last paper a couple weeks ago and was able to punch out 10 pages in 5 hours. Then, the next two days I went to Western to work on my room. Which, by the way, looks amazing. We went into Labor Day weekend excited to have some time without having to think about papers and tests, etc. However, I did spend Labor Day working with Gary in my room putting up bulletin board paper. Finally, it was back to school. Last Tuesday and Wednesday were the first days of staff development which turned out to be a waste of time. Unorganized and repetitive, we ended up just like the kids...spacing out. Then it was GO TIME. Thursday and Friday brought the first days of school with kids. I was amazed to find my freshmen behaving and listening intently. Unfortunately, the small learning community is not as small as anticipated. Plus, everyone has large numbers this year and the kind administration is blaming it on our program. So, I'm struggling with curriculum that I am not used to and had no training with and a program with no support. Wonderful! But I guess that is how it is.

We were able to enjoy Kayla's second birthday. We had a party at the park. Which was fantastic. Filled with good food, conversation, family, and friends. Pearl brought up a good point, she was amazed at how many of my friends have kids. And you know what...I am too! It didn't really hit me until they were all there hanging out. Geesh! Thank you to everyone who attended, especially Grace who drove the morning of the party from Las Vegas to be there...I love you G! But to everyone else: Annie, Dave, Theresa, Cheryl, David, Quasar, The Chews, Helen, Steve, Shane, Ryan, Jen, Rick, Noah, Angelo, Ashley, Matthew, Tuyen, Pearl, Izzy, and the family. Thank you for being an important part of Kayla's special day.

5 comments:

G$ said...

I LOVE YOU TOO MUN!!! AND KAYLA AND MIKE!! =) i was really happy to have been there ~~ next time, i'm goin to make kayla sit and talk to me for at least 2 minutes!! lol xoxoxo to you and your whole fam!

G$ said...

o ~ and i'll email u pics soon. :)

Eileen said...

She's so cute! I'm sorry I couldn't be there. Hope your week is going smoothly.

Robin said...

Man, 2 years go by fast! Glad you posted an update - been wondering what you've been up to and knew Kalya's 2 year had gone by. Love the short hair on you, looks really cute! Thanks for posting the pics. :-)

Dee said...

Hey Krisdee,
Sorry I didn't make it to the party. Good thing, too, I was sicker than a dog and still had to entertain about 30 people here that night. Uncle Robbie totally caught the cold from me and he missed work last Monday, too! Glad to hear everything turned out nice and lots of the friends made it! What would we do without good friends, huh?
Love,
Auntie Dee Dee